Lessons Learned from Navigating Fractured Supply Chains
The past two years have been unlike anything the world has ever seen. Nobody could have predicted it. While the entire human population was facing a pandemic, businesses across the globe found themselves facing supply chain issues that caused worldwide product shortages. Remember the toilet paper fiasco?
Yes, our business felt the impact as well, and as a result, so did our clients.
Why the Supply Chain Broke Down
An item’s path from being manufactured to arriving in your hands is called a supply chain. In a perfect world, a supply chain is like a well-oiled machine, where raw material producers, product manufacturers, and transportation providers work seamlessly to deliver product to end consumers without any hiccups. However, as COVID-19 developed and continued, supply chains everywhere buckled under the pressure.
There were material shortages that affected the manufacturing cycle of products, and the virus caused staffing shortages for both manufacturers and transportation partners, as well as our own team. Looking back, experts believe two main factors drove the global supply chain disruptions: 1) people panic-buying everything in sight, which led to 2) raw material shortages. Because the world had never been in such a unique situation before, nobody anticipated the impact on supply chains until it was already too late to meet demand, including us.
Lessons We Learned in 2021
Throughout 2021, we learned some key lessons and gained valuable insights, which we have used to implement process improvements and customer service plans that will directly benefit you and our ability to get you your product in time for the 2022/2023 school year. Being proactive with our customers is one of our key strategies to ensure a seamless experience in 2022, and here is how you can help.
Tips for Seamless Ordering in 2022
- Request a quote now: If you’re not 100% sure about your budget or the product you need, you can still request a quote. By completing a quote early, you’ll have all the information you need to make an informed and fast buying decision.
- Confirm your order early: We strongly encourage you to place your order before June 10th, 2022. Order early, and we’ll warehouse your product for free until you are ready for delivery and installation.
“You always take care of my needs. Thank you for being so wonderful. You follow up and communicate if orders are delayed, and it is seamless from purchase to delivery. You rock!” —Balwin School, EPSB
Benefits of Working with CDI for Your Next School Furniture Purchase
- Complete Project Management: By choosing CDI, we will partner with you every step of the way, providing proactive communication and service from your initial consultation to delivery and installation. To guarantee your complete satisfaction, we offer a hassle-free experience that includes same-day responses to your inquiries and bi-monthly updates on your order status.
- Warehousing at No Additional Cost: One advantage of purchasing from CDI is that we offer local warehousing services for free. If your product arrives early, and you have nowhere to keep it, we will take care of that for you. When you’re ready for it, let us know.
- Free Furniture Delivery & Installation Services: We will come to your school to install your brand-new furniture—for free! Our installation services include the following:
- Unpacking the furniture
- Recycling the cardboard and taking away the garbage
- Putting the furniture together
- Setting it up in your space
- Confirming that you are satisfied with the result
- Complimentary Design Services: Not sure what to do with your space? Contact us today for a free design consultation. This is where we shine. We have designers with the knowledge and expertise to take your space, dimensions, and budget, and create a space that is sized right, budgeted right, and reflects your school spirit. We can also weave pre-existing furniture into new space plans. Give us your requirements, and we will go the distance. Plus, there is no obligation to purchase!
Leave the Worry to Us
We want you to have all the information you need to make an informed and timely buying decision, so we will continue to provide proactive communication to you every step of the way to ensure your complete satisfaction. We know our global supply chain is not completely out of the woods, so we are closely monitoring our supply chain to minimize any surprises that may be encountered and lessen the impact on our clients.
You can count on us to continue to do everything we can to deliver a seamless buying experience. We will partner with you every step of the way, providing proactive communication and service from your initial inquiry to your delivery and installation date. Love your experience or let us know; we’ll always make it right.