From Discovery to Delivery.
We are passionate about bringing positive change to our clients and the community. We do this by providing the best furniture and space-planning solutions possible to our customers, maximizing the potential of their space, optimizing the use of their budget, and providing the best environment for their organizations to succeed.
The first step in working together is connecting for a consultation where we identify your current challenges, needs, and what you hope to achieve for your workspace. From here we will develop our action plan. To help us determine the type of furniture and associated accessories required, the discovery phase also includes four important steps:
Assessing your workspace flow will answer questions surrounding how people actually use the space. Questions may include: what are people supposed to be doing in a particular space? Do you require storage? Are personalizations required?
Analyzing your floorplan allows us to identify unique aspects in each part of your workspace and new opportunities for future planning.
Analyzing the environment is a critical step. Here we will be able to uncover elements like support structures, windows, doors, and more which we will need to consider in our final space and furniture plan.
Every workspace must embrace technology to be fully productive. Our technology assessment includes identifying where tech will be used in the room then making sure there is ample, accessible power and USB outlets.
We consider design a hands-on partnership. There are designers who create a space solely for their personal taste, while others tend to over design a space. We’ll work together with you to create the best design possible. We balance creativity and functionality, ensuring we have the right mix. Some of our clients want a high degree of design elements and some don’t. We want to make sure that the creative aspects are integrated as part of the design, but not at the expense of real-world functionality.
- We consider design a hands-on partnership. What we mean by that, is there are designers who create a design solely by for their personal taste, while others tend to over design a space. We’ll work together with you to create the best design possible.
- We try to balance creativity, ensuring we have the right mix. Some of our clients want a high degree of design elements and some don’t. We want to make sure that the creative aspects are integrated as part of the design, but not at the expense of real-world functionality.
- We want to future proof your office. It has to be functional now, but what happens when you need to add 12 more people to that particular space? We want to make sure we’re using products that scale for the future and work 2, 3, or 4 years down the road.
- We also want to talk about “budgetary respect.” We honestly want to know your budget and provide design solutions that maximize your spending and provide the highest level of value for that budget
- We take the workers point of view. We’re thinking about the office worker in that chair and what do they need on a daily basis to be successful?
- Then, we ideate with you. We share ideas as part of our hands-on partnership.
- We go back and forth and may have several drawings and revisions that we’re providing you. We move forward when we’ve tested and refined the ideas so both parties are happy. We’re trying to protect you from making design mistakes. We feel this one reason why our clients are long-term repeat buyers. In fact, over 90% of our clients are repeat buyers.
CDI Spaces is committed to providing an easy and enjoyable delivery process. Our support and customer service does not end at installation. Let’s talk about how we help you before and after your furniture is set up.
- Before the installation, our clients have a dedicated project management team who will create an installation plan and have a schedule that we all sign off on. Our clients are provided with continuous project updates during this process of office creation. We also offer after-hours installation to provide minimal disruption of your environment. We understand that when people can’t work you’re not making money.
- Your CDI Spaces Installation team will do a complete installation of the moving parts. Many other companies will set up the main furniture and leave the employee to install the brackets and assemble the smaller pieces themselves whereas we ensure every little detail is taken care of. We ensure a complete installation, so everyone is satisfied.
- We worry about the technology integration. We’ll help you hook up the monitors and devices. We also will have one of our customer service agents do a functionality knowledge transfer with your users. We’ll stay in the office for half a day, walk around, and ensure any questions or outstanding issues are dealt with. In essence, we want people to be empowered, know how the furniture works, and know all the functions.
- We have a 5-point installation sign off process. It is very important that every aspect of the installation is signed off. We send out a customer satisfaction survey to all of our customers and follow up with any issues.
- One last thing is we try to also make ourselves available for future change assistance. So, as you think about growing or moving, contact us very early in that process as we can help you with best practices and make some recommendations that will help save you a lot of time, money, and headaches.
What our clients say
Ecole Broxton Park School
Getting our furniture to us on time was nothing short of a miracle given how much time the CDI team was given to work with. I was impressed from start to finish with every step of the process dealing with Ron and Jaime. Thank you!!
"Derek and Brenda work quickly and effectively to provide quotes and consultation as required.
"We’ve worked with Craig and his team before at another school and found them to be top notch.
How Can CDI Spaces Help You?
Let’s have a brainstorming session to Discover what you want to accomplish for your classroom or business. This is the first "D" in our process. We will figure out what your purpose is, what your goals are, and analyze the space plan for your space. A walkthrough of your space would be a very helpful tool in this process as well.
After this, we will come back with some ideas, and we will discuss the options together. If you need a budgetary quote on some items, we would be delighted to do that for you as well.
If you like, we can also schedule a time to take you on a site visit to show you some of our current projects. We also recommend a visit to our design centre, which will help you understand new trends and technology.
May 20, 2020
Equipping Post-Secondary Campuses for Fall Returns
With officials predicting the effects of COVID-19 to last into the early new year, post-secondary campuses know better than anyone that it’s...
May 1, 2020
Promoting Student Learning at Home Through Healthy Movement
With parents working remotely and students transitioning to full online learning, we’re facing a unique time in history where both parents...